Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Club Reporter


My first blog posting for the Digital Media and Learning website is now live, which features my interview with civics educator Joseph Kahne at "Digital Media and Democracy: Early Returns."

As I've written before, I've had some reservations in the past about the MacArthur Foundation's seeming infatuation with the exoticism of digital youth and their absence of what I have taken to be serious critiques of the proprietary software model. But over time I have come to respect their support for important new initiatives in higher education and in civic institutions and for their funding of even-handed scholarship that may question the utopian assumptions that philanthropic organizations might otherwise tend to find very appealing.

I also feel very fortunate to be part of such an excellent team of bloggers.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home