Saturday, October 18, 2008

You Heard It Here First

I hate to name drop, but Good Morning America actually contacted me about possibly appearing on this High-Tech Cheating segment, after the Chicago Sun-Times picked up a story in which I am quoted about the YouTube cheating videos that I had been studying in researching a new book about the relationship of higher education to digital media. I've been in the middle of conference season and couldn't see fitting in a jaunt to New York, but my attitudes probably wouldn't have fit the moral panic tone of the piece in any case. I have to admit, however, that there is some good advice in the ABC clip about parents and children watching YouTube together to foster discussion. An accompanying article, "Technology Makes Cheating 'Far More Tempting'," is less interesting and is mostly composed of facile man-on-the-campus interviews.

But, hey, you heard it here first on Virtualpolitik about YouTube cheating videos, and you can look forward to more about online video in the new book that I am working on, Early Adopters: The Instructional Technology Movement and the Myth of the Digital Generation, so stay tuned.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home