Friday, December 07, 2007

Big, Bad Words

As soon as I found out about the Blog Readability Test, I felt compelled to check out the vocabulary level of all the blogs that I write for. Apparently the free culture, open source, and critical information studies blog Sivacracy is written at a straightforward "high school" level of diction, and Julia and Ellen Lupton's Design Your Life, to which I am only an occasional contributor, is pitched to be understood by even a "junior high" audience. The new social marketing blog Osocio is apparently somewhat more erudite, despite all the pictures and YouTube videos, since it registers at a "college (undergraduate)" level. And what about this blog, you may ask? Apparently, there's been too much critical theory and art talk during the past week, because it registers above the "graduate school" level at "genius." So any reader who is reading this right now should feel flattered that he or she is apparently so well-educated.

cash advance

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Siva Vaidhyanathan said...

I know you are but what am I?

9:12 AM  
Blogger SEK said...

I have a feeling you'll find this post very, very interesting.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Liz Losh said...

I'm such a geek that I always read the actual code that I'm embedding in a page. I took out the "cash advance" hyperlink, as soon as I saw it. You're right, however, that I should have included that caveat.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home