Monday, May 21, 2007

Quality Time

When it comes to my Digital Decalogue "10 Principles for the Digital Family," the piece of advice that always gets the most reaction from other concerned parents is the first guideline about playing with your child, even with teenagers and often in alien electronic environments.

I suppose we could have gone to church yesterday morning, but we spent the early hours of the Sabbath playing Bible Fight instead. It probably would have seemed sacrilegious to some, but I've been traveling a lot to conferences and speaking engagements during the last few months, so it was nice to spend some leisurely time with the kids. My husband didn't get far as Eve in his cosmic battles against other spiritual protagonists , but my fourteen-year-old eventually beat the game as Moses.

Thanks to fellow grown-up Ed Swaine for the link.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home