Friday, March 30, 2007

Kindred Spirits

Before leaving Georgia Tech, I had breakfast with an old friend, Amy Bruckman, who is doing important research on media literacy and online communities. Our work actually intersects in a number of areas. I was certainly familiar with her scholarship on social media and human subjects protocols for online discourse, but I didn't know that she had also done work on second-language online literacy practices (an area on which I've done IRB-approved studies as well, although I'm still in the raw data stage) and on the ways that Wikipedia and other online sources challenge traditional epistemological models. Given my work with students who are doing , I undergraduate research projects, I was particularly sympathetic to her concerns about how we teach students about epistemology.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home