Monday, February 12, 2007

In My Language



This is one of the most amazing pieces of digital rhetoric that I've ever seen on YouTube, which now has a number of videos advocating for the rights of the disabled. As she explains, the first three minutes are in her "native language," but they are as eloquent as the English that follows.

"Far from being purposeless, the way that I move is an ongoing response to what is going around me. Ironically, the way that I move when responding to everything around me is described as being in a world of my own. Whereas if I interact with a much more limited set of responses and only react to a much more limited part of my surroundings, people claim that I am opening up to true interaction with the world."

Her blog, which contains a number of links to blogs and videos about autism, is here. She also responds to critics in this Metafilter thread.

(Via Houtlust.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home