Monday, December 18, 2006

Only Seven Shopping Days Left

Okay, I admit it. I loathe shopping. Going by a shop window is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Apparently, however, even the Federal government wants me to get into the holiday spirit by celebrating consumer culture. Imagine my surprise when their holiday gifts for sale was featured on the supposedly serious government web portal for citizens needing access to public services, First.gov.

Just think! I could purchase a Commander in Chef apron or an eyeglass retainer from the White House. I could buy Supreme Court potpourri for my loved ones. I could get a holiday ornament commemorating prohibition from the DEA! I loved the fact that the offerings from the legislative branch were much more "classy" than for the gimcrack-happy executive.

While you are at it, you can enjoy the new videogame that parodies the frenzies of trend consumerism, Xtreme Xmas Shopping, from my pal Ian Bogost's studio.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home