Friday, March 03, 2006

Spinning the Record


Those who don't visit the Whitehouse website on a regular basis may not be aware of a new area in its main navigation: Setting the Record Straight. Since November, the Executive Branch has reserved this page for rebuttals to particularly noteworthy administration failures: the Federal response to Hurricane Katrina, the analysis of pre-war intelligence about Iraq, and the illegal surveillance of citizens in the U.S. without Congressional oversight. I, personally, won't be satisfied with the administration's explanations until I see "The dog ate my homework!" or "My computer crashed!" on a White House webpage.

I have to also point out the existence of an appendix to the White House Hurricane Katrina "Lessons Learned" report, which is ludicrously entitled "What Went Right."

Labels: ,